Back to Monuments List
Marine Heroes Tablet
Click image for larger view
- Location: West 93rd Street
- Description: Tablet
- Materials: Original plaque--bronze; Original plinth--concrete; replacement tablet--granite
- Dimensions: Original plaque H: 10" W: 1'2"
- Cast: ca. 1950
- Dedicated: ca. 1950
- Donor: Marine Corps Fathers' Association of New York
- Inscription: 1) original plaque: "IN MEMORY OF / OUR / MARINE HEROES / MARINE CORPS / FATHERS ASSOCIATION / OF NEW YORK"
2) replacement tablet: "IN MEMORY OF / OUR MARINE HEROES /---/ MARINE CORPS FATHERS' ASS'N. / OF NEW YORK"
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143