View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Marine Heroes Tablet
- Location: West 93rd Street
- Description: Tablet
- Materials: Original plaque--bronze; Original plinth--concrete; replacement tablet--granite
- Dimensions: Original plaque H: 10" W: 1'2"
- Cast: ca. 1950
- Dedicated: ca. 1950
- Donor: Marine Corps Fathers' Association of New York
- Inscription: 1) original plaque: "IN MEMORY OF / OUR / MARINE HEROES / MARINE CORPS / FATHERS ASSOCIATION / OF NEW YORK"
2) replacement tablet: "IN MEMORY OF / OUR MARINE HEROES /---/ MARINE CORPS FATHERS' ASS'N. / OF NEW YORK"
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
Riverside Skate Park
Riverside Skate Park is closed to reconstruct the existing skate park with new skate elements, fencing, benches, picnic tables, and landscaping. Please visit the Capital Project Tracker page for updates on the project.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2020
- RIVERSIDE PARK TO RECEIVE $11.5 MILLION IN MAYORAL FUNDING TO ADDRESS 1930s ERA DRAINAGE SYSTEMS
- NYC PARKS’ CITYWIDE MONUMENTS CONSERVATION PROGRAM KICKS OFF ITS 21st YEAR
- NYC Parks To Temporarily Close Riverside Park South Bike Path—59-70 Streets—Due To Planned Construction