- Location: 121st Street and Riverside Drive; in grassy triangle south of Grant's Tomb
- Description: Plaque on plinth
- Materials: Bronze, granite
- Dimensions: Plaque H: 1'6" W: 2'; Plinth H: 1'7½" W: 2'1½"
- Cast: ca. 1961
- Dedicated: May 16, 1961
- Donor: Daughters of the Defenders of the Republic, U.S.A.
- Inscription: BATTLE OF HARLEM HEIGHTS / SEPTEMBER 16 - 1776 / IN GRATEFUL REMEMBRANCE OF / THE BRAVE SOLDIERS / OF NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, / CONNECTICUT, MASSACHUSETTS, / RHODE ISLAND, PENNSYLVANIA,/ MARYLAND AND VIRGINIA / WHO UNDER / GENERAL GEORGE WASHINGTON / FOUGHT AND DIED ON THIS SITE / FOR LIBERTY / IN THEIR COUNTRY'S STRUGGLE / AGAINST BRITISH TYRANNY. /---/ DEDICATED BY THE / DAUGHTERS OF THE DEFENDERS OF THE REPUBLIC, U.S.A. / [emblem of D.D.R.] / AMANDA SHAW HIRSCH / FOUNDER & PRESIDENT-GENERAL / MAY 16, 1961
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
The northernmost A-dock at the 79th Street Boat Basin is currently closed to public access for structural enhancements. The dock will be further supported with non-wood pilings and a new wave screen.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2016
Riverside Park Weather
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORIC 79th STREET BOAT BASIN A-DOCK
- NYC Parks Celebrates Joan Of Arc Statue Centennial—First Ever Statue Of A Woman Erected In An NYC Park
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Proposals For Outdoor Café At The 79Th Street Rotunda In Riverside Park