Back to Monuments List
Major General Frederick D. Grant
Click image for larger view
- Location: Grant's Tomb Terrace; Riverside Drive at 122nd Street
- Description: Flagstaff pedestal with tablet
- Materials: Somesound granite, bronze
- Dimensions: H: 6'1 ½" Diameter: 8'
- Dedicated: 1939
- Donor: DPR
- Inscription: IN MEMORIAM / FRED'K D. GRANT / ELDEST SON OF U.S. GRANT/VICKSBURG 1863 -VIRGINIA 1864-5 / MAJOR GENERAL U.S.A. MINISTER TO AUSTRIA./ MAJOR GENERAL U.S.A. MINISTER TO AUSTRIA. MEMBER GRANT MONUMENT ASSOCIATION 1908-1912 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143