View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Major General Frederick D. Grant
- Location: Grant's Tomb Terrace; Riverside Drive at 122nd Street
- Description: Flagstaff pedestal with tablet
- Materials: Somesound granite, bronze
- Dimensions: H: 6'1 ½" Diameter: 8'
- Dedicated: 1939
- Donor: DPR
- Inscription: IN MEMORIAM / FRED'K D. GRANT / ELDEST SON OF U.S. GRANT/VICKSBURG 1863 -VIRGINIA 1864-5 / MAJOR GENERAL U.S.A. MINISTER TO AUSTRIA./ MAJOR GENERAL U.S.A. MINISTER TO AUSTRIA. MEMBER GRANT MONUMENT ASSOCIATION 1908-1912 /
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
Riverside Skate Park
Riverside Skate Park is closed to reconstruct the existing skate park with new skate elements, fencing, benches, picnic tables, and landscaping. Please visit the Capital Project Tracker page for updates on the project.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2020
- RIVERSIDE PARK TO RECEIVE $11.5 MILLION IN MAYORAL FUNDING TO ADDRESS 1930s ERA DRAINAGE SYSTEMS
- NYC PARKS’ CITYWIDE MONUMENTS CONSERVATION PROGRAM KICKS OFF ITS 21st YEAR
- NYC Parks To Temporarily Close Riverside Park South Bike Path—59-70 Streets—Due To Planned Construction