View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Firemen's Memorial Tablet Horses
- Location: Firemens Memorial Terrace, Riverside Drive at 100th Street
- Architect: Harold Van Buren Magonigle
- Description: Tablet embedded in terrace
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 4'5" D: 4'5"
- Dedicated: 1927
- Donor: Public subscription
- Inscription: MAY 1927 / THIS TABLET IS DEDICATED / TO THE HORSES THAT SHARED / IN VALOR AND DEVOTION / AND WITH MIGHTY SPEED / BORE THE RESCUE. / --- / SUBSCRIBED /UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE / AMERICAN SOCIETY / FOR THE PREVENTION / OF CRUELTY TO / ANIMALS. /
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
West 79th Street Boat Basin
West 79th Street will close for reconstruction and dredging as of November 2021. The project will repair storm damage, add capacity, and make the site more resilient to climate change. The site is anticipated to re-open in 2025.
- NYC PARKS TO TEMPORARILY REROUTE CYCLISTS IN SECTION OF RIVERSIDE PARK ON WEEKNIGHTS
- NYC PARKS RE/NAMES 16 SITES IN HONOR OF THE BLACK EXPERIENCE IN NYC
- NYC PARKS: $90 MILLION RESILIENCY AND ACCESS PROJECT COMING TO RIVERSIDE PARK MARINA