- Location: Firemens Memorial Terrace, Riverside Drive at 100th Street
- Architect: Harold Van Buren Magonigle
- Description: Tablet embedded in terrace
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 4'5" D: 4'5"
- Dedicated: 1927
- Donor: Public subscription
- Inscription: MAY 1927 / THIS TABLET IS DEDICATED / TO THE HORSES THAT SHARED / IN VALOR AND DEVOTION / AND WITH MIGHTY SPEED / BORE THE RESCUE. / --- / SUBSCRIBED /UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE / AMERICAN SOCIETY / FOR THE PREVENTION / OF CRUELTY TO / ANIMALS. /
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
Riverside Park (72nd Street)
The kayak launch site at 72nd Street in Riverside Park is closed for the season. Please visit The New York City Water Trail page to find other kayak launches.
Riverside Park Weather
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORIC 79th STREET BOAT BASIN A-DOCK
- NYC Parks Celebrates Joan Of Arc Statue Centennial—First Ever Statue Of A Woman Erected In An NYC Park
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Proposals For Outdoor Café At The 79Th Street Rotunda In Riverside Park