Back to Monuments List
Firemen's Memorial Tablet Horses
Click image for larger view
- Location: Firemens Memorial Terrace, Riverside Drive at 100th Street
- Architect: Harold Van Buren Magonigle
- Description: Tablet embedded in terrace
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 4'5" D: 4'5"
- Dedicated: 1927
- Donor: Public subscription
- Inscription: MAY 1927 / THIS TABLET IS DEDICATED / TO THE HORSES THAT SHARED / IN VALOR AND DEVOTION / AND WITH MIGHTY SPEED / BORE THE RESCUE. / --- / SUBSCRIBED /UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE / AMERICAN SOCIETY / FOR THE PREVENTION / OF CRUELTY TO / ANIMALS. /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143