View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Firemen's Memorial Tablet Horses
- Location: Firemens Memorial Terrace, Riverside Drive at 100th Street
- Architect: Harold Van Buren Magonigle
- Description: Tablet embedded in terrace
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 4'5" D: 4'5"
- Dedicated: 1927
- Donor: Public subscription
- Inscription: MAY 1927 / THIS TABLET IS DEDICATED / TO THE HORSES THAT SHARED / IN VALOR AND DEVOTION / AND WITH MIGHTY SPEED / BORE THE RESCUE. / --- / SUBSCRIBED /UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE / AMERICAN SOCIETY / FOR THE PREVENTION / OF CRUELTY TO / ANIMALS. /
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
Riverside Skate Park
Riverside Skate Park is closed to reconstruct the existing skate park with new skate elements, fencing, benches, picnic tables, and landscaping. Please visit the Capital Project Tracker page for updates on the project.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2020
- RIVERSIDE PARK TO RECEIVE $11.5 MILLION IN MAYORAL FUNDING TO ADDRESS 1930s ERA DRAINAGE SYSTEMS
- NYC PARKS’ CITYWIDE MONUMENTS CONSERVATION PROGRAM KICKS OFF ITS 21st YEAR
- NYC Parks To Temporarily Close Riverside Park South Bike Path—59-70 Streets—Due To Planned Construction