View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Claremont Inn Tablet
- Location: Riverside Drive at 123rd St.
- Description: Incised plaque set in pavement
- Materials: Deer Isle granite
- Dimensions: H: 2' W: 4'
- Dedicated: 1952
- Donor: DPR
- Inscription: SITE OF THE CLAREMONT INN / ERECTED IN 1788 AS A RESIDENCE / THE BUILDING BECAME A PUBLIC / TAVERN BEFORE THE CIVIL WAR. / IT WAS ACQUIRED BY THE CITY / IN 1878 AND WAS OPERATED AS A / RESTAURANT UNTIL ITS DEMOLITION / IN 1950.
Directions to Riverside Park
- NYC PARKS’ CITYWIDE MONUMENTS CONSERVATION PROGRAM KICKS OFF ITS 21st YEAR
- NYC Parks To Temporarily Close Riverside Park South Bike Path—59-70 Streets—Due To Planned Construction
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY