- Location: Riverside Drive at 123rd St.
- Description: Incised plaque set in pavement
- Materials: Deer Isle granite
- Dimensions: H: 2' W: 4'
- Dedicated: 1952
- Donor: DPR
- Inscription: SITE OF THE CLAREMONT INN / ERECTED IN 1788 AS A RESIDENCE / THE BUILDING BECAME A PUBLIC / TAVERN BEFORE THE CIVIL WAR. / IT WAS ACQUIRED BY THE CITY / IN 1878 AND WAS OPERATED AS A / RESTAURANT UNTIL ITS DEMOLITION / IN 1950.
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
NYC Parks has removed slides in this park due to a manufacturer recall. The manufacture is currently working on an improved design and redesigned slides will be installed as soon as possible.
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORIC 79th STREET BOAT BASIN A-DOCK
- NYC Parks Celebrates Joan Of Arc Statue Centennial—First Ever Statue Of A Woman Erected In An NYC Park
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Proposals For Outdoor Café At The 79Th Street Rotunda In Riverside Park