- Location: Riverside Drive, north of Grant's Tomb
- Description: Tablet on plinth
- Materials: Bronze, Westerly granite (polished)
- Dimensions: H: 2'2" W: 2'5"
- Dedicated: May 1897
- Donor: Gift of Li Hung-Chang
- Inscription: THIS TREE IS PLANTED / AT THE SIDE OF THE TOMB OF / GENERAL U.S. GRANT, / EX-PRESIDENT OF THE / UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, / FOR THE PURPOSE / OF COMMEMORATING HIS / GREATNESS BY / LI HUNG-CHANG, / GUARDIAN OF THE PRINCE, / GRAND SECRETARY OF STATE / EARL OF THE FIRST ORDER, / YANG YU / ENVOY EXTRAORDINARY / AND MINISTER / PLENIPOTENTIARY OF CHINA, / VICE PRESIDENT / OF THE BOARD OF CENSORS' / KWANG HSU 23RD YEAR, / 4TH MOON, MAY 1897. /
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
NYC Parks has removed slides in this park due to a manufacturer recall. The manufacture is currently working on an improved design and redesigned slides will be installed as soon as possible.
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORIC 79th STREET BOAT BASIN A-DOCK
- NYC Parks Celebrates Joan Of Arc Statue Centennial—First Ever Statue Of A Woman Erected In An NYC Park
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Proposals For Outdoor Café At The 79Th Street Rotunda In Riverside Park