View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
- Location: Riverside Drive, north of Grant's Tomb
- Description: Tablet on plinth
- Materials: Bronze, Westerly granite (polished)
- Dimensions: H: 2'2" W: 2'5"
- Dedicated: May 1897
- Donor: Gift of Li Hung-Chang
- Inscription: THIS TREE IS PLANTED / AT THE SIDE OF THE TOMB OF / GENERAL U.S. GRANT, / EX-PRESIDENT OF THE / UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, / FOR THE PURPOSE / OF COMMEMORATING HIS / GREATNESS BY / LI HUNG-CHANG, / GUARDIAN OF THE PRINCE, / GRAND SECRETARY OF STATE / EARL OF THE FIRST ORDER, / YANG YU / ENVOY EXTRAORDINARY / AND MINISTER / PLENIPOTENTIARY OF CHINA, / VICE PRESIDENT / OF THE BOARD OF CENSORS' / KWANG HSU 23RD YEAR, / 4TH MOON, MAY 1897. /
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
Riverside Skate Park
Riverside Skate Park is closed to reconstruct the existing skate park with new skate elements, fencing, benches, picnic tables, and landscaping. Please visit the Capital Project Tracker page for updates on the project.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2020
- RIVERSIDE PARK TO RECEIVE $11.5 MILLION IN MAYORAL FUNDING TO ADDRESS 1930s ERA DRAINAGE SYSTEMS
- NYC PARKS’ CITYWIDE MONUMENTS CONSERVATION PROGRAM KICKS OFF ITS 21st YEAR
- NYC Parks To Temporarily Close Riverside Park South Bike Path—59-70 Streets—Due To Planned Construction