- Location: Riverside Drive, north of Grant's Tomb
- Description: Tablet on plinth
- Materials: Bronze, Westerly granite (polished)
- Dimensions: H: 2'2" W: 2'5"
- Dedicated: May 1897
- Donor: Gift of Li Hung-Chang
- Inscription: THIS TREE IS PLANTED / AT THE SIDE OF THE TOMB OF / GENERAL U.S. GRANT, / EX-PRESIDENT OF THE / UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, / FOR THE PURPOSE / OF COMMEMORATING HIS / GREATNESS BY / LI HUNG-CHANG, / GUARDIAN OF THE PRINCE, / GRAND SECRETARY OF STATE / EARL OF THE FIRST ORDER, / YANG YU / ENVOY EXTRAORDINARY / AND MINISTER / PLENIPOTENTIARY OF CHINA, / VICE PRESIDENT / OF THE BOARD OF CENSORS' / KWANG HSU 23RD YEAR, / 4TH MOON, MAY 1897. /
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
West 79th Street Boat Basin
Due to repairs to an underwater high voltage cable there are currently no transient moorings available at the Boat Basin. Please contact the Dockmasters office at 212-496-2105 or VHF Ch09 for more information and alternatives. We apologize for any inconvenience. We expect all moorings to be restored in August.
Anticipated Completion: Summer 2017
NYC Parks has removed slides in this park due to a manufacturer recall. The manufacture is currently working on an improved design and redesigned slides will be installed as soon as possible.
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORIC 79th STREET BOAT BASIN A-DOCK
- NYC Parks Celebrates Joan Of Arc Statue Centennial—First Ever Statue Of A Woman Erected In An NYC Park