View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
American Memorial to Six Million Jews of Europe
- Location: 83rd Street Esplanade
- Description: Tablet set in walk
- Materials: Barre granite
- Dimensions: H: 3'11" W: 3'11" D: 4"
- Cast: 1947
- Dedicated: 1947
- Donor: American Memorial to Six Million Jews of Europe, Inc.
- Inscription: THIS IS THE SITE FOR / THE AMERICAN MEMO- / RIAL TO THE HEROES OF / THE WARSAW GHETTO / BATTLE APRIL-MAY 1943 / AND TO THE SIX MIL- / LION JEWS OF EUROPE / MARTYRED IN THE CAUSE / OF HUMAN LIBERTY
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
West 79th Street Boat Basin
West 79th Street will close for reconstruction and dredging as of November 2021. The project will repair storm damage, add capacity, and make the site more resilient to climate change. The site is anticipated to re-open in 2025.
- NYC PARKS TO TEMPORARILY REROUTE CYCLISTS IN SECTION OF RIVERSIDE PARK ON WEEKNIGHTS
- NYC PARKS RE/NAMES 16 SITES IN HONOR OF THE BLACK EXPERIENCE IN NYC
- NYC PARKS: $90 MILLION RESILIENCY AND ACCESS PROJECT COMING TO RIVERSIDE PARK MARINA