View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
American Memorial to Six Million Jews of Europe
- Location: 83rd Street Esplanade
- Description: Tablet set in walk
- Materials: Barre granite
- Dimensions: H: 3'11" W: 3'11" D: 4"
- Cast: 1947
- Dedicated: 1947
- Donor: American Memorial to Six Million Jews of Europe, Inc.
- Inscription: THIS IS THE SITE FOR / THE AMERICAN MEMO- / RIAL TO THE HEROES OF / THE WARSAW GHETTO / BATTLE APRIL-MAY 1943 / AND TO THE SIX MIL- / LION JEWS OF EUROPE / MARTYRED IN THE CAUSE / OF HUMAN LIBERTY
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
Riverside Skate Park
Riverside Skate Park is closed to reconstruct the existing skate park with new skate elements, fencing, benches, picnic tables, and landscaping. Please visit the Capital Project Tracker page for updates on the project.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2020
- NYC PARKS’ CITYWIDE MONUMENTS CONSERVATION PROGRAM KICKS OFF ITS 21st YEAR
- NYC Parks To Temporarily Close Riverside Park South Bike Path—59-70 Streets—Due To Planned Construction
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY