- Location: 121st Street and Riverside Drive; in grassy triangle south of Grant's Tomb
- Description: Plaque on plinth
- Materials: Bronze, Barre granite
- Dimensions: 24"h x 17"w
- Cast: ca. 1953
- Dedicated: October 25, 1953
- Donor: Daughters of Defenders of Republic
- Inscription: THE FOUR TREES / WEST OF THE CHAPLAINS ROW / ARE PLANTED / IN SACRED MEMORY OF / MEMBERS OF ALL / OUR ARMED FORCES / OF THE UNITED STATES / WHO MADE / THE SUPREME SACRIFICE / IN THE KOREAN WAR OF 1950 / IN THE DEFENSE OF FREEDOM / PRESENTED TO / THE CITY OF NEW YORK / OCTOBER 25, 1953 / BY DAUGHTERS OF THE DEFENDERS OF THE REPUBLIC, U.S.A. / AMANDA SHAW HIRSCH / FOUNDER, PRESIDENT GENERAL /
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
West 79th Street Boat Basin
Due to repairs to an underwater high voltage cable there are currently no transient moorings available at the Boat Basin. Please contact the Dockmasters office at 212-496-2105 or VHF Ch09 for more information and alternatives. We apologize for any inconvenience. We expect all moorings to be restored in August.
Anticipated Completion: Summer 2017
NYC Parks has removed slides in this park due to a manufacturer recall. The manufacture is currently working on an improved design and redesigned slides will be installed as soon as possible.
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORIC 79th STREET BOAT BASIN A-DOCK
- NYC Parks Celebrates Joan Of Arc Statue Centennial—First Ever Statue Of A Woman Erected In An NYC Park