View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
General Horace Porter Memorial
- Location: Riverside Drive at 122nd Street (Grant's Tomb Terrace)
- Description: Flagstaff base with plaque
- Materials: Somesound granite, bronze
- Dimensions: H: 6'1 ½" Diameter: 8'
- Cast: circa 1939
- Dedicated: 1939
- Donor: President Grant Monument Association, and DPR
- Inscription: IN MEMORIAM / HORACE PORTER / AIDE DE CAMP AND MILITARY SECRETARY/
CHATTANOOGA 1863-VIRGINIA 1864-5 / BRIGADIER GENERAL U.S.A. -
AMBASSADOR TO FRANCE / PRESIDENT GRANT MONUMENT ASSOCIATION/
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
Riverside Skate Park
Riverside Skate Park is closed to reconstruct the existing skate park with new skate elements, fencing, benches, picnic tables, and landscaping. Please visit the Capital Project Tracker page for updates on the project.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2020
- RIVERSIDE PARK TO RECEIVE $11.5 MILLION IN MAYORAL FUNDING TO ADDRESS 1930s ERA DRAINAGE SYSTEMS
- NYC PARKS’ CITYWIDE MONUMENTS CONSERVATION PROGRAM KICKS OFF ITS 21st YEAR
- NYC Parks To Temporarily Close Riverside Park South Bike Path—59-70 Streets—Due To Planned Construction