- Location: Riverside Drive at 122nd Street (Grant's Tomb Terrace)
- Description: Flagstaff base with plaque
- Materials: Somesound granite, bronze
- Dimensions: H: 6'1 ½" Diameter: 8'
- Cast: circa 1939
- Dedicated: 1939
- Donor: President Grant Monument Association, and DPR
- Inscription: IN MEMORIAM / HORACE PORTER / AIDE DE CAMP AND MILITARY SECRETARY/
CHATTANOOGA 1863-VIRGINIA 1864-5 / BRIGADIER GENERAL U.S.A. -
AMBASSADOR TO FRANCE / PRESIDENT GRANT MONUMENT ASSOCIATION/
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
West 79th Street Boat Basin
Due to repairs to an underwater high voltage cable there are currently no transient moorings available at the Boat Basin. Please contact the Dockmasters office at 212-496-2105 or VHF Ch09 for more information and alternatives. We apologize for any inconvenience. We expect all moorings to be restored in August.
Anticipated Completion: Summer 2017
NYC Parks has removed slides in this park due to a manufacturer recall. The manufacture is currently working on an improved design and redesigned slides will be installed as soon as possible.
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORIC 79th STREET BOAT BASIN A-DOCK
- NYC Parks Celebrates Joan Of Arc Statue Centennial—First Ever Statue Of A Woman Erected In An NYC Park
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Proposals For Outdoor Café At The 79Th Street Rotunda In Riverside Park