- Location: Riverside Drive at 122nd Street (Grant's Tomb Terrace)
- Description: Flagstaff base with plaque
- Materials: Somesound granite, bronze
- Dimensions: H: 6'1 ½" Diameter: 8'
- Cast: circa 1939
- Dedicated: 1939
- Donor: President Grant Monument Association, and DPR
- Inscription: IN MEMORIAM / HORACE PORTER / AIDE DE CAMP AND MILITARY SECRETARY/
CHATTANOOGA 1863-VIRGINIA 1864-5 / BRIGADIER GENERAL U.S.A. -
AMBASSADOR TO FRANCE / PRESIDENT GRANT MONUMENT ASSOCIATION/
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
NYC Parks has removed slides in this park due to a manufacturer recall. The manufacture is currently working on an improved design and redesigned slides will be installed as soon as possible.
West 79th Street Boat Basin
Attention Boaters: Due to repairs to an underwater high voltage cable there are currently no transient moorings available at the Boat Basin. Please contact the Dockmasters office at 212-496-2105 or VHF Ch09 for more information and alternatives. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2017
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORIC 79th STREET BOAT BASIN A-DOCK
- NYC Parks Celebrates Joan Of Arc Statue Centennial—First Ever Statue Of A Woman Erected In An NYC Park