Back to Monuments List
Henry Neufeld Playground Plaque
Click image for larger view
- Location: 76th Street
- Architect: William B. Kuhl
- Description: Plaque on boulder in planting bed
- Materials: Plaque--bronze; boulder--Manhattan schist (found in Riverside Park); planting bed paved with bluestone
- Dimensions: Plaque H: 9" W: 1'; Boulder H: 1'9" L: 2'4"
- Cast: 1991
- Dedicated: June 1991
- Donor: Riverside Park Fund, Riverside 76 Playground Association
- Inscription: THE HENRY NEUFELD / PLAYGROUND / DEDICATED JUNE 8, 1991 / THIS PLAYGROUND WAS RENOVATED WITH / FUNDS DONATED BY MR. HENRY NEUFELD WHOSE / GIFT WAS INSPIRED BY HIS LOVE OF CHILDREN / AND HIS DESIRE TO ENRICH THEIR LIVES./ RIVERSIDE PARK FUND / RIVERSIDE 76 PLAYGROUND ASSOCIATION / CITY OF NEW YORK PARKS AND RECREATION /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143