Summer on the Husdon: Monuments Tour of Riverside Park
Sunday, August 14, 2022
10:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The New York Historical Society and Summer on the Hudson partner for a monuments tour of Riverside Park, an Olmstead gem and one of New York City’s Scenic Landmarks. Join us for a guided walk along Riverside Drive that highlights the park’s development as well as its historic and commemorative monuments.
The South Tour begins at the 72nd Street park entrance and proceeds north. The North Tour begins at the 122nd Street General Grant National Memorial and proceeds south. Each tour is approximately 1.5 miles and will involve some hills. Wear comfortable shoes. Space is limited and registration is required.
Know Before You Go
For everyone's safety, we are asking all participants to observe the following guidelines:
- Please wear a mask
- All individuals should maintain social distancing of six feet during programming, regardless of vaccination status
- Wash your hands before attending a program
- Stay home if you are sick
- Additionally, we encourage participants to bring their own hand sanitizer and water bottles to our programs.
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
The 79th Street Boat Basin marina is currently closed. No vessel dockage, moorage, anchorage or launch services are available. The marina will be dredged and reconstructed to modern codes and standards. The marina is anticipated to reopen in 2025.
Related inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYC PARKS TO TEMPORARILY REROUTE CYCLISTS IN SECTION OF RIVERSIDE PARK ON WEEKNIGHTS
- NYC PARKS RE/NAMES 16 SITES IN HONOR OF THE BLACK EXPERIENCE IN NYC
- NYC PARKS: $90 MILLION RESILIENCY AND ACCESS PROJECT COMING TO RIVERSIDE PARK MARINA