Riverside Dr. to Hudson River, W. 72 St.to St Clair Pl.
Directions via Google Maps
For additional information about the park, please visit the Riverside Park Conservancy website.
Stretching four miles from 72nd to 158th streets along the Hudson River, Riverside Park is widely regarded as Manhattan's most spectacular waterfront park. As one of only eight officially designated scenic landmarks in the City of New York, it has a long and storied history.
Since 1875, the landscapes of Frederick Law Olmsted have offered escape from the city and opportunities for people of all incomes to relax, play, and socialize in tranquil settings. These landscapes contain rocky precipices, sylvan lawns, and groves of mature elm trees. From Riverside Drive, the land terraces down steeply in three levels to a manmade shoreline and promenade, constructed between 1937 and 1941 under the administration of Robert Moses. The designers, Gilmore D. Clarke and Clinton Lloyd, added 134 acres to the park and twenty-two modern recreational facilities. They wove through this extraordinary collection of active recreation and scenic areas a vital north-south automobile artery and a railroad running in a tunnel under the entire park.
Recreational facilities include a range of sports courts and fields, a skate park, a large portion of the Manhattan Waterfront Greenway (for bicycles), and the 110-slip public marina at 79th street, an important part of New York State's Water Trail.
Discover the history of Riverside Park
Learn more about the monument that commemorates Union Army soldiers and sailors who served in the Civil War.
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
Riverside Park (72nd Street)
The kayak launch site at 72nd Street in Riverside Park is closed for the season. Please visit The New York City Water Trail page to find other kayak launches.
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORIC 79th STREET BOAT BASIN A-DOCK
- NYC Parks Celebrates Joan Of Arc Statue Centennial—First Ever Statue Of A Woman Erected In An NYC Park
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Proposals For Outdoor Café At The 79Th Street Rotunda In Riverside Park
- 79th Street Boat Basin Dock A Reconstruction (M071-310M)
- Citywide Reconstruction & Stabilization of Retaining Walls and Seawalls (CNYG-514M)
- General Site Work in Riverside Park (M071-113M)
- Manhattan General Roofing Systems Reconstruction
- Manhattan General Site Work (MG-315MA)
Riverside Park Administrator: (212) 408-0264
Riverside Park Conservancy: (212) 870-3070
79th Street Boat Basin - Public Marina: (212) 496-2105
O'Neal's West 79th Street Boat Basin Cafe: (212) 496-5542