Riverside Park South
Films on the Green: Sequins (Brodeuses)
Friday, July 19, 2019
8:30 p.m.–10:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Directed by Éléonore Faucher, 2004, 1h29, France
With Ariane Ascaride, Lola Naymark, Thomas Laroppe
After learning that she is pregnant at the tender age of seventeen, Claire (Naymark) finds refuge with Madame Mélikian (Ascaride), an embroiderer for haute couture designers who has buried herself in work following the death of her beloved son. Day by day, stitch by stitch, as Claire's belly grows rounder, the threads of embroidery will create a filial bond between them. In time, the grief-stricken mentor and her anxious apprentice will stop protecting themselves and start helping one another.
#FilmsOnTheGreen | Free French films in NYC Parks
Film in French with English subtitles
FREE and open to the public
Directions to Riverside Park South
- Summer on the Hudson: Moving for Life
- Summer on the Hudson: Yoga Evening Salute to the Sun
- Summer on the Hudson: Pier I Picture Show - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
- Summer on the Hudson: Yoga Flow
- Summer on the Hudson: Breathing with Strangers Presented by Kinesis Project Dance Theatre