7 Ave. To 8 Ave., W. 143 St. To W. 144 St.
Directions via Google Maps
P.S. 194, also known as the Countee Cullen Literacy Academy, was built in 1939. The school playground opened on November 19, 1962 with courts for paddle tennis, handball, basketball, volleyball, and shuffleboard; kindergarten and school gardens; and an open area for playground ball and roller skating. The school playground expanded to the west after 1965 when the City of New York acquired additional land between the school and the Alexander Hamilton Houses.