Red Hook Recreation Area
Halleck St., Bush St. bet. Otsego St. and Court St.
Directions via Google Maps
This neighborhood park is bursting with activities. Groups of friends come out to play handball, basketball, or soccer, and plenty of kids cavort in its popular playground. Whenever it's hot out, people cool down in the Olympic-size pool. Those looking for a workout go for a jog around the running track or take advantage of the onsite recreation center, which offers cardio equipment, weight lifting, and exercise classes.
Red Hook Recreation Area Remediation
We're working closely with the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and the United States Environmental Protection Agency to test the soil in the fields of the Red Hook Recreation Area and to address historic soil contamination. Learn more about the Red Hook Recreation Area Remediation
Discover the history of Red Hook Recreation Area
Directions to Red Hook Recreation Area
Know Before You Go
NYC Parks is committed to making sure all parks are safe and healthy environments. Parks is continuing to work with EPA as they test the Redhook Ballfields for contamination. In the interim, we expect softball/baseball fields 5, 6, 7 and 8 will be closed until a clean-up plan is completed, and soccer fields 1, 2, 6 and 9 will be tested further.
We're reconstructing the running track and converting soccer fields 3-5 and ballfields 1-4 from natural turf to synthetic turf. Starting July 6, 2021, this site, including the track, will be closed to the public for the duration of construction (approximately through spring 2023). Please visit our Capital Project Tracker to learn more about this project.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2023
- Mayor Adams, NYC Parks, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Celebrate $18.2 Million Remediation of Red Hook Ball Fields
- NYC PARKS TOUTS NEARLY $63 MILLION INVESTMENT AS CONSTRUCTION BEGINS ON RED HOOK RECREATION AREA TRACK AND FIELDS
- 'Solar For Sandy' Initiative Launches
- Citywide HVAC Controls Building Automation Systems Installation
- Red Hook Community Farm Water Service Construction
- Red Hook Recreation Area Ballfield 9 and Soccer Field 2 Reconstruction
- Red Hook Recreation Area Soccer Fields 1 and 6 Reconstruction
- Red Hook Recreation Area Track 1, Soccer Fields 3-5, and Ballfields 1-4 Reconstruction