Red Hook Recreation Area
Halleck St., Bush St. bet. Otsego St. and Court St.
Directions via Google Maps
This neighborhood park is bursting with activities. Groups of friends come out to play handball, basketball, or soccer, and plenty of kids cavort in its popular playground. Whenever it's hot out, people cool down in the Olympic-size pool. Those looking for a workout go for a jog around the running track or take advantage of the onsite recreation center, which offers cardio equipment, weight lifting, and exercise classes.
Red Hook Recreation Area Remediation
We're working closely with the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and the United States Environmental Protection Agency to test the soil in the fields of the Red Hook Recreation Area and to address historic soil contamination. Learn more about the Red Hook Recreation Area Remediation
Discover the history of Red Hook Recreation Area
Directions to Red Hook Recreation Area
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Red Hook Recreation Area
NYC Parks is committed to making sure all parks are safe and healthy environments. Parks is continuing to work with EPA as they test the Redhook Ballfields for contamination. In the interim, we expect softball/baseball fields 5, 6, 7 and 8 will be closed until a clean-up plan is completed, and soccer fields 1, 2, 6 and 9 will be tested further.
Red Hook Recreation Center
New York City’s recreation centers and indoor pools remain closed to the general public until further notice to provide COVID-19 related services as well as free childcare options for children who are scheduled for blended learning. To learn more or to apply for the childcare program, please visit the New York City Department of Education’s Learning Bridges program page.
Once we reopen, NYC Parks will extend all existing recreation center memberships to cover the length of time we are closed to the general public.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2020
- 'Solar For Sandy' Initiative Launches
- Celebrating 75 Years Of Summer Swimming In New York City’s WPA-Era Pools
- Parks Hosts Celebration to Honor the Opening of 11 WPA Era Pools
- Red Hook Community Farm Water Service Construction
- Red Hook Recreation Area Ballfield 9 and Soccer Field 2 Reconstruction
- Red Hook Recreation Area Ballfields 5-8 Reconstruction
- Red Hook Recreation Area Soccer Fields 1 and 6 Reconstruction
- Red Hook Recreation Area Track 1, Soccer Fields 3-5, and Ballfields 1-4 Reconstruction