Randall's Island Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
- Location: Triangular median off ramp of Triborough Bridge
- Sculptor: Kostas Dimitriadis
- Architect: Mckim Mead and White
- Description: Standing figure (heroic scale) with integral plinth, on pedestal, front decorated with applied wreath and urn, plaque at rear
- Materials: Figure, pedestal decorations, plaque--bronze; Pedestal-- Stony Creek granite (polished)
- Dimensions: Sculpture: H: 7'2" W: 2'10" D: 3'9"; Base: H: 4'2" W: 3'4" D: 4'5" Overall: H: 11'4" W: 3'4" D: 4'5"; Plaque H: 6" W: 11"
- Cast: ca. 1926
- Dedicated: 1926
- Foundry: Modern Art Foundry (restoration)
- Donor: Mr. and Mrs. Ery Kehaya; Bloomberg News (restoration)
- Inscription: 1&2) Pedestal, each side: "THE DISCUS THROWER"
3) Pedestal rear, plaque: "PRESENTED BY / MR. AND MRS. ERY KEHAYA / MCMXXVI"
Directions to Randall's Island Park
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Manhattan Wins Parks Softball Championship
- Frieze New York: Galleries Announced
- Open Track Night
- Yoga in the Park
- Thursday Track Workout
- Evening Farm Experience
- Urban Farm Exploration Days