Randall's Island Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
- Location: Triangular median off ramp of Triborough Bridge
- Sculptor: Kostas Dimitriadis
- Architect: Mckim Mead and White
- Description: Standing figure (heroic scale) with integral plinth, on pedestal, front decorated with applied wreath and urn, plaque at rear
- Materials: Figure, pedestal decorations, plaque--bronze; Pedestal-- Stony Creek granite (polished)
- Dimensions: Sculpture: H: 7'2" W: 2'10" D: 3'9"; Base: H: 4'2" W: 3'4" D: 4'5" Overall: H: 11'4" W: 3'4" D: 4'5"; Plaque H: 6" W: 11"
- Cast: ca. 1926
- Dedicated: 1926
- Foundry: Modern Art Foundry (restoration)
- Donor: Mr. and Mrs. Ery Kehaya; Bloomberg News (restoration)
- Inscription: 1&2) Pedestal, each side: "THE DISCUS THROWER"
3) Pedestal rear, plaque: "PRESENTED BY / MR. AND MRS. ERY KEHAYA / MCMXXVI"
Directions to Randall's Island Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Randall's Island Golf Center
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Randall's Island Golf Center is closed until further notice.
Sportime at Randall's Island
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, there are adjusted procedures to use the tennis courts. View Sportime at Randall's Island for more information.
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Manhattan Wins Parks Softball Championship
- Frieze New York: Galleries Announced