Randall's Island Park
Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
|Sunken Meadow waterfront||At the Sunken Meadow waterfront (specifically, the berm between Fields 27 and 30, and the waterfront behind Fields 31-40 between the pathway and the river.|
|Lawn||At the lawn area djacent to the playground|
|Waterfront||At the waterfront at the south end of the park|
|Near the Bronx shore||Between the pedestrian pathway and river near the Bronx Shore section|
|Harlem River Picnic Area||Harlem River Picnic Area near the ferry dock|
|Flagpole Lawns||Flagpole Lawns, between Icahn Stadium and the Golf Center|
Directions to Randall's Island Park
Know Before You Go
Randall's Island Golf Center
Due to a transition in concessionaires, the Randall's Island Golf Center is temporarily closed.
Anticipated Completion: Summer 2018
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Manhattan Wins Parks Softball Championship
- Frieze New York: Galleries Announced