Randall's Island Park
Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
Browse Our Field and Court Map
Find out which athletic fields have been permitted and see what’s available for the current season at Randall's Island Park
List of Barbecuing Areas
|Sunken Meadow waterfront||At the Sunken Meadow waterfront (specifically, the berm between Fields 27 and 30, and the waterfront behind Fields 31-40 between the pathway and the river.|
|Lawn||At the lawn area djacent to the playground|
|Waterfront||At the waterfront at the south end of the park|
|Near the Bronx shore||Between the pedestrian pathway and river near the Bronx Shore section|
|Harlem River Picnic Area||Harlem River Picnic Area near the ferry dock|
|Flagpole Lawns||Flagpole Lawns, between Icahn Stadium and the Golf Center|
Directions to Randall's Island Park
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Manhattan Wins Parks Softball Championship
- Frieze New York: Galleries Announced