Ralph Bunche Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
The Isaiah Wall
- Location: 1st Avenue and 43rd Street; across from the United Nations
- Architect: Andrews & Clark
- Description: Staircase with curved wall, incised letters
- Materials: Granite
- Dedicated: 1948, 9/8/75 (rededicated)
- Fabricator: A. Ottavino Granite (letters)
- Inscription: THEY SHALL BEAT THEIR SWORDS INTO / PLOWSHARES, AND THEIR SPEARS
INTO / PRUNING HOOKS; NATION SHALL NOT LIFT / UP SWORD AGAINST
NATION. NEITHER / SHALL THEY LEARN WAR ANY MORE / ISAIAH
LETTERS ISAIAH ADDED 9/8/75 BY A. OTTAVINO GRANITE CORP.