Queens Village Veterans Plaza
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Queens Village, Bellerose Memorial
- Location: Jamaica Avenue and Springfield Blvd.
- Description: Stele, brick walls, coping
- Materials: Barre granite, brick
- Dimensions: H: 104" W: 6'6" D: 1'6"; 7"step
- Dedicated: September 11, 1949
- Donor: Citizens of Queens Village-Bellerose
- Inscription: North side:
1941 --- 1945 / ERECTED BY THE CITIZENS OF QUEENS VILLAGE-BELLEROSE / IN HONOR AND MEMORY / TO THOSE WHO SERVED / IN WORLD WAR II /
THESE MEN DIED TO KEEP YOU LIVING WITHOUT FEAR / [162 names] / KOREA / 1950 - 1955 / [3 names] / VIETNAM / 1961 - 1975 / [19 names] /