Back to Monuments List
General Henry Warner Slocum
Click image for larger view
- Location: East Plaza Street, east of Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch
- Sculptor: Frederick William MacMonnies
- Architect: Stanford White
- Description: Equestrian figure on pedestal embellished with relief eagle on front, four medallions (two on each side)
- Materials: Figure, eagle, and medallions--bronze; pedestal--pink Milford granite with steps of Milford granite alternating with Green's Landing granite
- Dimensions: Statue H: 17' W: 4'8¾" D: 12'7¾"; Pedestal H: 11'10¾" W: 10'5¾" D: 18'4"
- Cast: ca. 1905
- Dedicated: May 30, 1905
- Foundry: E. Gruet
- Donor: Brooklyn City Legislature
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143