It’s never been easier to become a tennis player in New York City—you can purchase a tennis permit online for use at any outdoor tennis court during tennis season, which lasts from the first Saturday of April to the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Visit our Tennis at NYC Parks page to purchase or renew your permit, or to find more information about our tennis program.
Before heading to a court, make sure that you’ve read our rules and regulations. Follow our permit rules, wear smooth-sole tennis shoes, and use a maximum of six tennis balls on each court. Most courts are open from 8:00 a.m. to dusk, except at Central Park where courts open at 7:00 a.m. and Randall's Island where courts open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 7:00 p.m.
|Prospect Park Tennis Center||Parkside Ave at the Parade Ground||(718) 436-2500||11|
|Outdoor||Clay||Lessons are available. During the indoor season (October 23-May 6), there are 11 bubbled courts that may be rented for a fee. During the outdoor season, 8 courts are available to Parks tennis permit holders. For more information, visit the Prospect Park Alliance tennis page.|
Directions to Prospect Park
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park
- Ranger's Choice: Prospect Park Nature and History Bike Tour
- Memorial Day in Prospect Park
- Family Camping: Brooklyn
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Ailey Extension - Revelations Workshop with Lisa Johnson
- Basic Canoeing