Looking for a baseball league for your child to join?
Visit BeFitNYC to find leagues, programs, and facilities in your neighborhood.
denotes a wheelchair softball field.
|Name||Location||# of Fields||Type of Surface||Accessible|
|Prospect Park||South End of Long Meadow||7||Turf/Little League|
How to Reserve an Athletic Field or Court
Organized leagues or special events need a permit to use an athletic field or court. For people under 18, the permit is free. For those 18 and over, a fee is required.
To reserve space, please see Athletic Permits and Applications.
Directions to Prospect Park
Know Before You Go
Raccoons in Prospect Park have tested positive for canine distemper virus. Although the virus cannot be transmitted to humans, it may be transmitted to dogs. Keep your pets safe in the park.
Please avoid wildlife and make sure your pets have up-to-date distemper and rabies vaccines. We strongly recommend keeping your pet on a leash, especially during dawn and dusk.
Please call 311 or notify an on-site Parks employee if you see a sick or injured animal.
If you are bitten, wash the wound with soap and water immediately. Call your doctor to see if you need tetanus or rabies shots, and call 311 to report the bite.
The Health Department will continue to monitor this condition.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2018
- ADVISORY: NYC PARKS AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT ADVISE DOG OWNERS VISITING PROSPECT PARK TO KEEP DOGS ON LEASH
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- Halloween Haunted Walk + Fair
- Movies Under the Stars - Shocktoberfest: Night of the Living Dead (1968)
- Smorgasburg Prospect Park
- Outdoor Skills: Shelter Building
- Election Day