Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
|Prospect Park||Both sides of Bandshell|
|Prospect Park||North area of Long Meadow|
|Prospect Park||Area near Prospect Park South West and 10th Avenue|
|Prospect Park||Area near Vanderbuilt Street and Prospect Park South West|
|Prospect Park||Area north of Picnic House|
|Prospect Park||Grecian Shelter area|
|Prospect Park||Area near Lincoln Road and East Drive|
|Prospect Park||Area south of the Picnic House|
|Prospect Park||Parkside Lawn near Parkside Avenue and St. Pauls Place|
|Prospect Park||Park Circle area near Parkside Avenue and Prospect Park Southwest/Coney Island Avenue|
|Prospect Park||Area near the Well House|
|Prospect Park||The Nethermead|
Directions to Prospect Park
Prospect Park Weather
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park