New Year's Day Hike (Light)
Monday, January 1, 2018
11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
If your New Year’s resolution is to get healthy, why not start outdoors? Dress warmly, put on your hiking shoes, and head to a park.
Our Urban Park Ranger hiking guides will introduce you to the hidden gems of New York City. On our hikes, you may explore nature, discover our city's urban forests, or just unplug from the world to clear your head.
Hiking programs feature intensity levels ranging from light to moderate to vigorous. Our light hikes feature a leisurely stroll on mostly paved paths.
Directions to Prospect Park
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park
- Dogs in Parks: Town Hall - Brooklyn and Staten Island
- Earth Day Celebration
- Arbor Day
- International Migratory Bird Day
- Basic Canoeing