Art in the Parks: Evening Artist Walk with Fitzhugh Karol
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join NYC Parks and the Prospect Park Alliance in celebrating the park’s new public sculpture exhibition by Fitzhugh Karol. Enjoy an artist walk through the park and hear from Karol himself about the concepts behind the pieces. The two sculptures, titled “Searches” and “Reaches” are part of NYC Parks Art in the Parks program and will be on display through spring 2018. Dress warmly, hot cider provided.
Two sculptures of colorful intersecting steel shapes reference familiar silhouettes of stairs and hillsides. Their abstract and playful shapes invite interaction and are a reminder of man’s imprint on the landscape.
Please note: This event was previously scheduled for November 8.
Meet at the grass triangle at 5:30 p.m. The group will depart promptly to walk as a group to Bartel-Pritchard entrance promptly at 6:00 p.m.
Art & Antiquities
Directions to Prospect Park
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park
- Prospect Park Nature Exploration
- Volunteer at Free Public Rowing on Prospect Park Lake
- Medicinal Plants Hike
- Smorgasburg Prospect Park
- A Summer Movie Under The Stars: Alice in Wonderland (1951) / Morricone Youth