History In Your Hands: Flax to Linen
Saturday, June 21, 2014
2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Sunday and Saturday between 6/1/2013 and 6/30/2014.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Come check on our flax crop and try out tools used to process flax fibers into linen cloth.
The Prospect Park Alliance will be on hand to help you feel different pieces of linen cloth to compare the weaves and try on some linen reproduction clothes for a fun photo-op in our farm wagon.
Directions to Prospect Park
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park
- Fish, Brew and BBQ
- Maciste All’Inferno with Live Score by Sexmob + Reverend Billy and the Stop Shopping Choir
- Prospect Park Walking Tours
- Weekend Nature Exploration
- BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival: Andrew Bird + Esperanza Spalding