Celebrate Brooklyn! Presents Amos Lee/Lake Street Dive
Friday, June 20, 2014
7:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The Philly-born singer-songwriter AMOS LEE, a “gentle genius” (Billboard) of R&B and country-inflected folk, hit his stride with last year’s Mountains of Sorrow, Rivers of Song. His fifth release on Blue Note, it’s a record that “brims with introspection about life and love.” (Entertainment Weekly) Lee has often been compared to John Prine, Bill Withers, and Norah Jones, and much has been made of his one-time job teaching second grade. For all his made-for-mainstream-success backstory, TV placements, and relentlessly appealing voice (one NY Times critic designated it “light amber, mildly sweet, a touch of grain”), Lee has forged a career as a songwriter of great integrity and authenticity.
LAKE STREET DIVE, once of Boston and now of Brooklyn, are a captivating indie-pop-swing foursome whose knockout lead singer Rachel Price “has the soulful howl of a young Etta James.” (Daily News) The band, all graduates of the New England Conservatory of Music, has been together since 2005, but broke through seemingly overnight with a viral video of them covering the Jackson Five’s “I Want You Back” on a Boston street corner in 2013. Millions of views later, they have made the rounds of late night television from Colbert to Letterman and sold out a succession of increasingly bigger venues in a remarkable run of success that will eventually lead them who knows where but includes a stop along the way right here, on this one perfect night in June, in Brooklyn, under the stars.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Directions to Prospect Park
Prospect Park Weather
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park
- Shape Up NYC: Cardio & Body Strengthening
- Lola Star's Dreamland Roller Disco Party: Flashdance
- Medicinal Plants Hike (Light)
- Prospect Park Alliance Monday Eastside Revival
- Prospect Park Alliance Thursday Corps