PurpleStride NYC 2014
Saturday, April 12, 2014
7:30 a.m.–8:30 a.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, the national organization creating hope in a comprehensive way through research, patient support, community outreach and advocacy for a cure, announces PurpleStride NYC 2014.
The run/ walk through Prospect Park- Nethermead East will bring awareness to the fourth leading cause of cancer death in the United States and will raise funds for pancreatic cancer research.
PurpleStride NYC is among 50 PurpleStride events that take place around the United States which contribute millions of dollars toward the mission of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network to advance research, support patients and create hope. Funds raised help provide personalized support for patients and support research grants and advocacy efforts to increase federal pancreatic cancer research funding.
Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. The opening ceremonies commences at 9:15 a.m. and the walk/run begins at 10:00 a.m.
Directions to Prospect Park
Prospect Park Weather
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park
- Medicinal Plants Hike (Light)
- Prospect Park Alliance Monday Eastside Revival
- Prospect Park Alliance Thursday Corps
- Shape Up NYC: Cardio & Body Strengthening
- Lola Star's Dreamland Roller Disco Party: Oops, I Did It Again