Celebrate Brooklyn!: Ladysmith Black Mambazo / Aurelio Martinez
Friday, June 28, 2013
7:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The legendary South African choral group, still led by its indomitable founder Joseph Shabalala, first won international fame through its work on Paul Simon’s 1986 album, Graceland, but the group has been active for more than half a century. Today they are the living embodiment of Zulu song, and a mobile academy of South African culture. “It isn’t merely the grace and power of their dancing or the beauty of their singing that rivets the attention, but the sheer joy and love that emanates from their being.” (Paul Simon) With the soulful singer and guitarist Aurelio Martinez, the standard bearer of Garifuna music and the first black member of Honduras’ National Congress.
Directions to Prospect Park
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park
- Summer Movies Under the Stars Presents The Sandlot
- BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival: Sylvan Esso + Middle Kids
- Fish, Brew and BBQ
- Maciste All’Inferno with Live Score by Sexmob + Reverend Billy and the Stop Shopping Choir
- Prospect Park Walking Tours