Celebrate Brooklyn!: Mavis Staples / Cody ChesnuTT
Friday, June 14, 2013
7:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Mavis Staples' voice “possesses a sultry, burnt-sugar glow…she turns a simple pop song into a lament that could move a listener to tears." (NPR) The church-infused soul legend won a host of new fans with her 2010 Grammy-winning Jeff Tweedy collaboration, You Are Not Alone, and she remains "one of the world's mightiest gospel pop singers." (Time) Staples shares the bill with the iconoclastic genius Cody ChesnuTT, who combined funk, soul, hip hop, rock, and blues on his 2002 double album, The Headphone Masterpiece, went quiet, and then returned a decade later in stunning form with last year’s Landing on a Hundred.
Local Sponsor: Betancourt Realty
Directions to Prospect Park
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park
- National Zoo Keeper Week
- Weekend Nature Exploration
- BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival: Amadou & Mariam + Innov Gnawa + Ahmed Gallab DJ Set
- Saturday Woodland Corps
- Weekend Volunteer Corps