Saturday, April 27, 2013
12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Sunday and Saturday between 4/13/2013 and 4/28/2013.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Nature on the Go: Fun in the Forest - 1 p.m. & 3 p.m.
We will use the last-remaining forest in Brooklyn as a real-world laboratory for hands-on discovery. Take an in-depth look at the largest organism within this habitat (trees) and discover the important role forests play in providing different habitats for the Park’s wildlife. This program includes hand-on activities and a nature walk through the forest.
Nature’s Helpers - 2 p.m.
Spend some time outside enjoying nature while helping to keep the Park clean. Families are encouraged to come and take a tour of the Park and help keep it clean along the way. Gloves, garbage bags and trash grabbers will be provided.
Discovery Tour - 4 p.m.
Learn what birds eat from trees, early spring migration, and discover the layers within the forest.
Note: Pop-Up Audubon will be at the Prospect Park Fair on April 20. Meet us at the Bandshell. April 20 only.
Look for the orange tent by the Binnen Bridge, near the Audubon Center.
Directions to Prospect Park
Prospect Park Weather
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park
- Medicinal Plants Hike (Light)
- Prospect Park Alliance Monday Eastside Revival
- Prospect Park Alliance Thursday Corps
- Shape Up NYC: Cardio & Body Strengthening
- Lola Star's Dreamland Roller Disco Party: Oops, I Did It Again