The Daily Plant : Thursday, December 30, 2010
This Weekend In Parks
Emerald Nuts Midnight Run
New Year’s Eve is filled with excitement, and our parks are a great place to join the crowd. Kick off the New Year with a spectacular fireworks and laser light show at Central Park’s annual Midnight Run! Join the fun and celebrate with a costume parade, dancing, and much more.
New Year’s Eve Fireworks
…Or come to Prospect Park to start the New Year with a bang! The celebrations begin around 11 p.m. with entertainment and hot refreshments at Grand Army Plaza. We can’t help you keep your resolutions, but we can get you off to a dazzling start for 2011.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Early Birding at Marine Park
Salt Marsh Nature Center, Brooklyn
Health and Race Walking
9:30 a.m.–11:00 a.m.
North Meadow Recreation Center, Manhattan
Moses Mountain Hike
High Rock Ranger Station, Staten Island
Walk the Mile
Fort Totten Park, Queens
Walk Like an Animal
Crotona Nature Center, Bronx
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Pelham Bay Ranger Station, Bronx
Morning Bird Walk: Bring in the New Year with Birds
Audubon Center at the Boathouse, Brooklyn
Blue Heron Nature Center, Staten Island
Cunningham Park, Queens
Year of the Forests
2:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Greenbelt Nature Center, Staten Island
QUOTATION FOR THE DAY
“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.”
(1888 – 1965)
Directions to Prospect Park
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park
- National Zoo Keeper Week
- Weekend Nature Exploration
- BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival: Amadou & Mariam + Innov Gnawa + Ahmed Gallab DJ Set
- Saturday Woodland Corps
- Weekend Volunteer Corps