Prospect Park W, Parkside Ave. bet. Flatbush Ave., Ocean Ave. and Prospect Park SW
Directions via Google Maps
For additional park information, please visit the Prospect Park Alliance website.
Designed and constructed over a thirty-year period (1865-1895) by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, the masterminds behind Central Park, Prospect Park has blossomed into a premiere destination for Brooklyn visitors and residents alike.
Widely known for its intricate manmade watercourse (wetlands) and its trees, the bulk of Brooklyn's remaining indigenous forest, the park is a highly functional green space. Contained within its 526 acres are a zoo, the first urban-area Audubon Center in the nation, an ice rink, a band shell, a carousel, and dozens of athletic and recreational facilities.
Begin your explorations today and join the eight million annual visitors reaping the benefits of this beautiful park!
Join the Urban Park Rangers for our Night Sky program. We will highlight the history and folklore of the...
Directions to Prospect Park
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC PARKS REVEALS PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS EIGHT SHOWCASE PARKS
- NYC Parks Joins Japanese Delegates For Ceremonial Planting Of Cherry Blossom Tree Seedling In Prospect Park
- Citywide Comfort Station and Park Facility Reconstruction (CNYG-515MA)
- Citywide Electrical System Reconstruction for Comfort Stations & Parks Facilities (CNYG-615M)
- Citywide Energy Efficient Ballfield Lighting Retrofits (CNYG-2915M)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Electrical Systems (CNYG-1611MA)
- Prospect Park Barbecue Pit Installation
- Abraham Lincoln Statue
- Boy And Dog Statue
- Carl Maria Von Weber Statue
- Concert Grove
- Detective Dillon Stewart Playground
Prospect Park Weather