Speed Writing Like Your Life is on the Line: A Workshop With Michael Sleidlinger
Saturday, November 11, 2017
12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Feeling creatively stifled? Clear out the cobwebs with this two-hour intensive on speed writing. Go in with an open mind and be ready for a mixture of 10-minute, 15-minute, and 20-minute creative writing drills, forcing you out of your comfort zone and into the euphoria of a good brainstorm. The goal is to push away the feeling of second-guessing every sentence and letting the impulse within guide you. Readings and critiques will be limited, due to time considerations. Arrive prepared to do a whole lot of writing!
*This workshop is part of Bronx Memoir Project 2; funded by the National Endowment for the Arts.
Directions to Poe Park
- January Events At Poe Park
- Greener Pastures: Celebrating 125 Years Of Bronx Parks
- Comic Book Art Exhibition On Display At Poe Park Visitor Center
- Fifth Annual Whimsical Winter Wonder... Exhibition
- Shape Up Yoga Meditation
- Learn Signs from American Sign Language - Adults
- Le Petit Art - Adults
- Whimsical Winter Wonder Fantasy Photo Shoot