The Bronx Meets East Africa
Friday, September 22, 2017
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 8/1/2017 and 9/30/2017.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The Bronx Meets East Africa is an exhibition showcasing East African artists and their emerging relationships to the Bronx community. The artwork featured will focus on the following themes: The drive to feed one’s family, to provide a decent shelter for self and loved ones, to belong, and to leave a legacy.
The event intends to showcase the similarities and differences of Ugandans’ daily life compared to that of an American displaced in the Bronx. Of the 3.2 million foreign born residing in NYC, the Bronx is home to the largest concentration of African born immigrants compared to other boroughs.
Directions to Poe Park
- January Events At Poe Park
- Greener Pastures: Celebrating 125 Years Of Bronx Parks
- Comic Book Art Exhibition On Display At Poe Park Visitor Center
- Fifth Annual Whimsical Winter Wonder... Exhibition
- Shape Up Yoga Meditation
- Learn Signs from American Sign Language - Adults
- Le Petit Art - Adults
- Whimsical Winter Wonder Fantasy Photo Shoot