Women In Comics Exhibition
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 7/6/2013 and 7/31/2013.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
“Women in Comics” celebrates the contributions from female creators in the sequential arts medium known as comics. Since the inception of this American Pop culture, women have always played a role as pencilers, inkers and even writers in the comic industry, but were never known because of their pseudonyms which rendered them sexless and misled the public to believe that they were males. The reasoning behind the pseudonyms was related to gaining employment as a writer or artist. Decades later, women today still are challenged to make their mark in a cartoon world overshadowed by muscles, testosterone and capes. “Women in Comics” unveils the mask of these heroine comic artists, writers, film makers, animators, characters and self publishers. “Women in Comics” is a Bronx Heroes® event and is curated by Ray Felix and Regine Sawyer.
Directions to Poe Park
Poe Park Weather
- January Events At Poe Park
- Greener Pastures: Celebrating 125 Years Of Bronx Parks
- Comic Book Art Exhibition On Display At Poe Park Visitor Center
- Le Petit Art-Still Life Water Colors
- Creative Arts: Upcycle Art - Adults
- Kids Express
- Recycle-to-Art-Scrap Glam Jelly Fish
- Kid's Whimsies: Line Figures With Personality