Located in the West Farms neighborhood of the Bronx, the 174th Street Playground is named after the adjacent 174th Street. This section of 174th St was originally known as Beacon Avenue. The section from the Concourse to Webster Avenue was once called Spring Street, while the section in Morrisania was once called 12th Street. This playground was built as a part of the Bronx River Houses housing project. The land for both was acquired by the city in 1948 by condemnation; the playground opened on September 14, 1950, and the housing complex was completed soon after on February 28, 1951. The complex is named after the adjacent Bronx River.
Directions to Playground 174
Playground 174 Weather