Back to Monuments List
- Location: Pelham Parkway opposite Zoological Park entrance
- Sculptor: Tiffany Studios
- Description: Balustraded bridge with tablet
- Materials: Limestone, bronze
- Dimensions: H:1'6" W: 2'
- Dedicated: May 23, 1907
- Foundry: Tiffany Studios
- Donor: New York Academy of Science
- Inscription: LINNAEUS / BOTANIST AND ZOOLOGIST / BORN RASHULT / SWEDEN MAY 23,
1707 / DIED HAMMARBY / SWEDEN JANUARY 10, 1778 / THIS BRIDGE WAS
DEDICATED / BY THE NEW YORK ACADEMY OF SCIENCES MAY 23, 1907/
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143