Pelham Bay Park
Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
|Pelham Bay Park||Orchard Beach Park North Lawn|
|Pelham Bay Park||Orchard Beach Park South Lawn|
|Pelham Bay Park||North Picnic Area - Bruckner Boulevard & Wilkinson Avenue|
|Pelham Bay Park||South Picnic Area - Stadium Avenue, behind the tennis courts|
Directions to Pelham Bay Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Orchard Beach Nature Center
The Orchard Beach Nature Center is currently closed for repairs.
Anticipated Completion: 09/01/2017
NYC Parks has removed slides in this park due to a manufacturer recall. The manufacture is currently working on an improved design and redesigned slides will be installed as soon as possible.
- NYC PARKS OPENS OUTDOOR GYM AND NATURE WALK AT PELHAM BAY PARK
- NYC Parks Deploys AT&T Street Charge Units At The Beach
- Historic House: Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum
- Kids Week Bronx: Urban Forest Exploration
- Natural Areas Conservancy Walk and Talk
- Pysanky Workshop
- Bronx Opera Company
- Hunter Island Night Hike
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Nature Centers
- Roller Hockey
- Running Tracks
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots