Pelham Bay Park
Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, barbecuing and special event gatherings are prohibited until further notice, and grilling areas are closed.
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
List of Barbecuing Areas
|Pelham Bay Park||Orchard Beach Park North Lawn|
|Pelham Bay Park||Orchard Beach Park South Lawn|
|Pelham Bay Park||North Picnic Area - Bruckner Boulevard & Wilkinson Avenue|
|Pelham Bay Park||South Picnic Area - Stadium Avenue, behind the tennis courts|
Directions to Pelham Bay Park
- FORGET THE VACATION- TAKE A STAYCATION: NYC PARKS UNVEILS SUMMER STAYCATION GUIDE
- NEW YORK CITY’S 14 MILES OF PUBLIC BEACHES OPEN THIS WEEKEND
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Nature Centers
- Roller Hockey
- Running Tracks
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots