Park Avenue Malls
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Mary Lindley Murray
- Location: Park Avenue at 37th Street, center island
- Description: Tablet on boulder
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 2' W: 2'9"
- Dedicated: November 15, 1903
- Donor: Knickerbocker Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution
- Inscription: IN HONOR OF / MARY LINDLEY MURRAY / WIFE OF ROBERT MURRAY / FOR
SERVICES RENDERED HER COUNTRY / DURING THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION/
ENTERTAINING AT HER HOME ON THIS SITE / GEN. HOWE AND HIS
OFFICERS, UNTIL THE / AMERICAN TROOPS UNDER GEN. PUTNAM ESCAPED/
SEPTEMBER 15, 1776. NOVEMBER 25, 1903
ERECTED BY / KNICKERBOCKER CHAPTER, NEW YORK CITY / DAUGHTERS OF
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION/