Ocean Breeze Park
Enjoy the outdoors with your dog in New York City parks! Remember to be safe, obey the rules, and respect the park and others.
Rules and Regulations
- New York State law requires that dogs be vaccinated against rabies, and the New York City Health Code requires every dog owner/attendant carry with them proof of current dog license and rabies vaccination while in public. Dog owners may be fined for violation of these laws. To obtain an application for a dog license, please visit the New York City Department of Health website, or call 311. You may also obtain an application from a veterinarian, animal shelter, or pet shop.
- Dogs must be on a leash (no more than six feet long) at all times, except in dog runs and designated off-leash areas at the prescribed times.
- You must pick up after your dog and dispose of the waste in containers provided throughout the park.
- You must prevent your dog from chasing birds, squirrels, and other animals.
- Dogs are not permitted in playgrounds, zoos, fountains, ball fields, on basketball/handball/tennis courts, in swimming pools/facilities, bathing areas, and New York City beaches (see exceptions below).
Where to Go With Your Dog
Beaches and Bathing Facilties: Dogs are not allowed to enter any bathing facilities, including New York City beaches. However, as a courtesy, leashed dogs are allowed on the sand and boardwalk at Rockaway Beach, Coney Island & Brighton Beach, Manhattan Beach, Midland Beach, and South Beach from October 1 until May 1. Leashed dogs are allowed on the boardwalk/promenade at Orchard, Coney Island, Brighton, Midland, South, and Manhattan Beaches.
Dog Runs: Dog runs are large, fenced-in areas for dogs to exercise unleashed during park hours.
Designated Off-Leash Areas: Some park areas allow dogs to be off leash from the time the park opens until 9:00 a.m. and from 9:00 p.m. until the park closes.
|Ocean Breeze Park Off-Leash Area||Off-Leash|
Directions to Ocean Breeze Park
Know Before You Go
Ocean Breeze Track & Field Athletic Complex
Please be advised that Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex will be open from 8:30am - 11:00am on both Saturday and Sunday, October 29th and 30th. The facility will open at its normal scheduled time but be closing early at 11:00am. Ocean Breeze will be hosting a Halloween Event all weekend starting at 12pm on each day.
All programming and classes for the 29th and 30th have been cancelled.
As an alternative, please join us for our Halloween festivities over the course of the weekend. Further information is available on OceanBreezeNYC.org.
Anticipated Completion: 10/31/2016
Ocean Breeze Park Weather
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- NYC Parks Opens New Theraputic Horse Riding Arena On Staten Island
- NYC Parks Announces 2015-2016 Meet Schedule For New Ocean Breeze Track & Field Athletic Complex
- Instructional Flag Football
- Instructional Flag Football
- Ocean Breeze Halloween Festival: Halloween Movie Night
- Ocean Breeze Halloween Festival
- Ocean Breeze Halloween Festival: Haunted Trails