Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
List of Barbecuing Areas
|Riverside Park||West 145th Street on the Hudson River|
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
Cherry Walk will be temporarily closed until further notice. Out of an abundance of caution, and due to planned shoreline and path reconstruction work, we will temporarily close the Cherry Walk path in Riverside Park from W. 100th to W. 125th streets. The closure will begin Monday, September 28, 2020. Visitors will be directed to exit the greenway at 100th St. to access alternative paths and local streets. Cyclists may re-enter the greenway at West 153rd Street and Riverside Drive via the Herman “Denny” Farrell Pedestrian Bridge. Pedestrians may re-enter via steps at Tiemann Place that connect Riverside Drive to St. Clair Place. Read more.
- NYC PARKS BREAKS GROUND ON NEW UPPER WEST SIDE SKATE PARK IN RIVERSIDE PARK
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORIC 79th STREET BOAT BASIN A-DOCK
- Remembering Three Giants With A “Parks Connection”