Experience Life as a Plant
Sunday, May 18, 2014
12:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Explore the life experience of a plant! We discuss basic botany, the science of plant life, and personal thoughts and feelings about plants. Then we will observe, contemplate, and create. Find a plant, meditate on its life and experience, and then create works of artistic expression (movement, sound, drawing, painting, poetry, prose, performance) based on our observations and imaginings. Finally, we will join in a circle again and those who choose to can share what has been created. This workshop is a celebration of human and plant life! All ages welcome.
You can come for one hour or all three. If you come for 1 or 2, please find us in the field. Materials will be provided.
Meet at West 91st Street and Riverside Drive at 11:55. Walk down the hill to the cherry tree field at the base of the path for fun and exploration.
Directions to Riverside Park
Riverside Park Weather
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RECONSTRUCTION OF HISTORIC 79th STREET BOAT BASIN A-DOCK
- Remembering Three Giants With A “Parks Connection”
- Summer On The Hudson In Riverside Park Announces 2014 Season Line Up
- Summer on the Hudson: Tai Chi
- Summer on the Hudson: Riverside HIIT
- Summer on the Hudson: Yoga Flow
- Summer on the Hudson: Butt & Gut
- Summer on the Hudson: Make Some Noise: A Celebration of Women and Music