Enjoy the outdoors with your dog in New York City parks! Remember to be safe, obey the rules, and respect the park and others.
Rules and Regulations
- New York State law requires that dogs be vaccinated against rabies, and the New York City Health Code requires every dog owner/attendant carry with them proof of current dog license and rabies vaccination while in public. Dog owners may be fined for violation of these laws. To obtain an application for a dog license, please visit the New York City Department of Health website, or call 311. You may also obtain an application from a veterinarian, animal shelter, or pet shop.
- Dogs must be on a leash (no more than six feet long) at all times, except in dog runs and designated off-leash areas at the prescribed times.
- You must pick up after your dog and dispose of the waste in containers provided throughout the park.
- You must prevent your dog from chasing birds, squirrels, and other animals.
- Dogs are not permitted in playgrounds, zoos, fountains, ball fields, on basketball/handball/tennis courts, in swimming pools/facilities, bathing areas, and New York City beaches (see exceptions below).
Where to Go With Your Dog
Beaches and Bathing Facilties: Dogs are not allowed to enter any bathing facilities, including New York City beaches. However, as a courtesy, leashed dogs are allowed on the sand and boardwalk at Rockaway Beach, Coney Island & Brighton Beach, Manhattan Beach, Midland Beach, and South Beach from October 1 until May 1. Leashed dogs are allowed on the boardwalk/promenade at Orchard, Coney Island, Brighton, Midland, South, and Manhattan Beaches.
Dog Runs: Dog runs are large, fenced-in areas for dogs to exercise unleashed during park hours.
Designated Off-Leash Areas: Some park areas allow dogs to be off leash from the time the park opens until 9:00 a.m. and from 9:00 p.m. until the park closes.
|Mullaly Park Off-Leash Area||Off-Leash|
Directions to Mullaly Park
Know Before You Go
Mullaly Skate Park
Mullaly Skate Park is closed Sunday, December 27 through Sunday, January 10. During the closure, please utilize River Avenue Skate Park, located at East 157th Street and River Avenue.(Please note, this site is unsupervised.)We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for daily park users.
Anticipated Completion: Winter 2016
Mullaly Park Weather
- Parks Celebrates Makeover Of Mullaly Park
- Parks Celebrates Improvements to Mullaly Park
- RECONSTRUCTION HONORS MULLALY PARK’S NAMESAKE
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Handball Courts
- Outdoor Pools
- Recreation Centers
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in