Mount Prospect Park
Eastern Pkwy., Flatbush Ave. bet. Underhill Ave. and Washington Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
Mount Prospect, the second highest point in Brooklyn, draws its name from the sweeping vistas it affords viewers. It was used by the Continental Army in 1776 as a lookout point, which at that time offered strategic views of Manhattan, Brooklyn, New York harbor, a portion of New Jersey, Staten Island, and Long Island. In 1856, the City of Brooklyn built a reservoir at the peak of this hill to supply water to its western section.