Mosholu Parkway is a landscaped highway connecting Bronx Park to Van Cortlandt Park. It stretches from Allerton Avenue to Gun Hill Road, with an extension north through Van Cortlandt Park. The Mosholu Parkway Extension begins at the Van Cortlandt Park border and runs past the Mosholu Golf Course and the Van Cortlandt Golf Course, with interchanges at the Major Deegan Expressway (Interstate 87) and the Henry Hudson Parkway.
“Mosholu” is an Algonquin name meaning “smooth stones” or “small stones” for the nearby creek now known as Tibbett’s Brook. The southern end of the parkway was once home to another creek, running under what is now Middlebrook Road, which supplied water to a British fort located on old Van Cortlandt Avenue East during the Revolutionary War.
Directions to Mosholu Parkway
- Bronx General Site Work (XG-112M)
- Bronx General Site Work (XG-114M)
- Citywide Boiler and Heating Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-916M)
- Mosholu Parkway Kossuth Playground Reconstruction
- Mosholu Parkway WWI Monument Lighting System Construction