W 110 St To W 123 St, Manhattan Av To Morningside Av
Directions via Google Maps
A narrow strip that stretches 13 blocks through the neighborhoods of Harlem and Morningside Heights, Morningside Park blends dramatic landscaping with the pleasures of a community park. Built on a steep incline, multiple playgrounds nestle at the bottom of its cliff-like hillside, and visitors pause along its heights to take in a unique view. Winding paths bordered with flowers and trees lead to a cascading waterfall, across from which local teams play on its baseball fields. Parents bring their children to play in its playgrounds and learn in its after-school program, and on Saturdays local farmers sell their goods in an outdoor market.
With its convenient location in the heart of Northern Manhattan, only a few blocks from Columbia University, Riverside Park, St. Nicholas Park, the Apollo Theater, and the northern tip of Central Park, Morningside Park’s grounds make an ideal starting point for wanderings, bike rides, and walking tours.
Discover the history of Morningside Park
This It's My Park season, volunteer with The Morningside Park Conservancy to plant bulbs at Morningside Park. We...
Who is this faun, and what does this bear want with him?
Directions to Morningside Park
- NYC PARKS AND THE CITY GARDENS CLUB CELEBRATE BEAUTIFICATION PROJECT IN MORNINGSIDE PARK
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- NYC Parks Street Games In East Harlem Brings Back Classic Games Of The 60’S And 70’S
- Morningside Park 123rd Street Playground Reconstruction Phase II
- Morningside Park Middle Playground and Basketball Courts Reconstruction
- Carl Schurz Monument
- Dr. Thomas Kiel Arboretum
- Manhattan Schist In New York City Parks
- Morningside Park
- Playground 123