View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Bushwick War Memorial
- Location: Bushwick, Metropolitan and Maspeth Avenues
- Sculptor: Piccirilli Brothers
- Architect: Presbrey, Leland Co.
- Description: Eagle on ball on triangular shaft on plinth; small tablet on ground with dedication date
- Materials: Tennessee pink marble
- Dimensions: Eagle H: 1'2"; Overall H: 14' W: 7'
- Cast: 1920
- Dedicated: December 5, 1920
- Donor: American Legion
- Inscription: 1) THIS MEMORIAL / RECORDS THE / PATRIOTISM / AND DEVOTION / OF THE MEN
OF / THE 13TH ASSEMBLY / DISTRICT WHO / SERVED THE / UNITED STATES/
IN THE WORLD / WAR / 1917-1918
2)/ [Honor Rolls]
3) Tablet:: ": DEC / 5 / 1920" [sealed box beneath tablet]