Bernard McCarthy WW II Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: Charles St., Waverly Pl., 7th Ave South
- Description: Square flagstaff base
- Materials: Deer Isle granite
- Dimensions: H: 4' W: 4'6" D: 4'6"
- Dedicated: 1944
- Donor: George A. Hayunga Maritime Post #1069, American Legion
- Inscription: AROUND TOP: BRAVE MEN AND WORTH / PATRIOTS DEAR TO / GOD AND
FAMOUS / TO ALL AGES
FRONT: ERECTED BY THE RESIDENTS / OF THE VICINITY AND THE / DR.
GEORGE A. HAYUNGA / MARITIME POST 1069 AMERICAN / LEGION TO HONOR
THOSE SERVING / FOR GOD AND COUNTRY / WITH THE U.S. FORCES / WORLD
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143